Thursday, September 30, 2010

Future Value of Time


At some point in the future does the meaninglessness of the present moment become useful? I am investing my nothingness into something more valuable. Is there anything more valuable than time? Water? I dont know, we are mostly made of water, watery soup wandering the earth in search of meaning, slowly being slurped away by a young woman with a cold. Last night I Dreamed that I had bicycle, I was going on a bicycle ride and the chain slipped off the gears and I tried to put it back on the gear, but the chain was so big and clunky, and the tire so stuck to the ground that is was difficult. Also, the chain had hardly any grease at all, it operated almost from mechanical perfection. Then I dreamed that I was driving along an african street in the middle of the bush, the street was jet black and we were in a congo van. There were many people along the sides of the road, they were vendors. As we went further along the road, further into the heart of the bush the people had lighter and lighter skin until eventually they were Arabs. We got out of the van, Gloria and I, and we walked aroudn the different little tents. There was a feeling of hostility in the air until eventually we found our way into a little toy shop run by a friendly white woman. There were many different toys there but they were all variations on war toys. Lots of plastic guns, a lego tank and some helicopters. I devised a wonderful and viscious battle in my mind and woke up before I realized it.

No comments:

Post a Comment