Thursday, September 9, 2010

Eastern Thoughts



I believe, as of today and this instant that my existense proves nothing. No Descartes, you can suck my balls. Because that affirmation of life, of existance is both abstract and macabre. It takes my existence into a place of complacence. I feel sick from it. No, I choose to feel that my existence proves nothing, and simultaneously that my existence is not unique from the phenomenon that surrounds me. I may be observed by beings I recognize as separate from myself, hear thier obersvations and gestate them, but that does not necessarily make me a separate entity from them and consequently that does not prove beyond any doubt that my existence, evidenced solely by recognition in truth of the comments and reactions affected by my surroundings, is meaningful. And please be clear, that to comment that 'I am', that my existence is asserted is a meaningful statement. I choose, in a certain mood or when it may be more advantageous, to believe that I do exist as a separate and awesome being affecting my surroundings in a definite and intentional manner. However in my most base moments I choose to recognize or contemplate not my existence at all, so that when I come to a negative conclusion that the contemplation of my own existence is proof of a thing in and of itself, I wont be fooled into feeling that this affirmation is inspirational or useful in guiding myself to a happier or more peaceful state of being.

No comments:

Post a Comment