Tuesday, May 11, 2010

How I Sleep


I shall sleep in a big pile of money. I don’t mean coins and I don’t mean dollar bills. I mean real denominations, not even necessarily US dollars but certainly not any currency that’s less stable, so we’re talking pounds and euro’s here. And those shall not be in the form of ones, but in the form of fives and tens, twenty’s even. That is the softest bed I can imagine. That would be the greatest nights rest any man has ever known. I would lie in that bed day in and day out, I would lie in that bed until I got bed sores but of course they wouldn’t be bed sores, they would be returns on investing my ass into the sitting position. I would never spend my bed. I would never invest my bed in anything other than sleep. I would not need pillows or a blanket in such a bed, I would merely burrow further and further into my pile of money until I found the perfect spot that contoured to my body and warmed me all over. No buzzing from my alarm clock could ever reach me in such a bed as this. I think it is my right to live in such a bed. It would be exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment